Who should attend
Business professionals who want to reduce interpersonal conflict and discomfort by building positive work relationships with everyone at work.
About the course
Whatever your position, you must interact effectively with other people to get work done. And within every work environment, conflict is inevitable.
Your success is defined by how you develop and maintain positive working relationships with everyone around you. Making the situation worse is that today we are all overworked and overwhelmed.
Whether it’s your boss, colleagues, or direct reports, people are prone to react emotionally or push their own agendas instead of focusing on what you are trying to communicate. These behaviors can lead to conflict in the form of misunderstanding, frustration, and work delays.
Here’s your chance to get immediate solutions for turning around difficult relationships and creating a climate where everyone feels valued and respected. This webinar provides the concrete tactics, sage advice, and proven techniques for alleviating the challenge and discomfort in all your relationships.
What You Will Cover
Attend this program to discover simple guidelines and ground rules for establishing and maintaining positive relationships, including:
- Understanding which of the five types of behaviors you’ll face and knowing how to respond to each
- How to use the “Lucky 7” to build positive connections with others
- How to take the emotions out of charged situations and not get reactive
- Strategies for building relationships in areas where the other person is “open to change”
- Tips for managing conflict between team members
- How to foster positive relationships using the 4-step HOST model
- ### How You will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define the five types of work behaviors and describe how to build relationships through the types.
- Understand the difference between “never going to change” vs. “open to change.”
- Explain the Lucky 7 and how it can build positive work relationships.
- Discover how to find commonalities between workers using the five ‘sweet spot’ approaches.
- Understand how to manage workplace conflict with active listening, facts and commonalities.
- Demonstrate how to maintain a positive work relationship using the HOST model.
Dr. Bill Thallemer joined TalentQuest in 2017, bringing more than 20 years of faculty experience at the masters and doctoral levels in both traditional classroom and online learning environments. As Executive Consultant at TalentQuest, Bill helps organizations across a variety of industries devel...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.