This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Gain a thorough understanding of the dynamics of team-based work settings and your effect on group performance in a safe, learning-rich environment.
ABOUT BUILDING AND LEADING GREAT TEAMS
In this program, you will be introduced to the theory and practice of building, fixing, managing, and leading high-impact teams. You will gain a thorough understanding of the dynamics of team-based work settings and your effect on group performance. During the session, you will be assigned to teams (or can attend as a team) that will exist throughout the program and provide a context for experiencing and learning about the effects of group membership and leadership first hand. You will learn important team concepts and skills from team exercises in a safe, learning-rich environment. Lecture time is minimal. Learning by doing is emphasized.
Learning Objectives & Program Benefits
- Learn to diagnose group dynamics and determine strategic team options as a manager
- Understand how technological change affects team processes
- Learn practical interpersonal skills for implementing effective strategies for group situations
- Gain valuable experience in team creation, problem diagnosis, and driving team effectiveness in a variety of contexts. You will leave the program with the confidence and skills to optimize your own team performance, and to build and lead highly effective teams.
Who should attend
- Individuals in management or individual contributor roles who want to significantly improve their individual performance on their team, the team’s performance, or their team leadership skills.
- Individuals who lack confidence diagnosing or solving team problems or effectively leading high-impact teams.
- Individuals who understand effective team basics but desire to improve team performance.
Trust the experts
Courses Taught: Teams and Technology, Negotiations, and Technology Management. Jim Olson founded the WestShore Management Group in April 2007, continuing a distinguished career after leading several high technology businesses for two Fortune companies and serving for nine years as CEO of SkyStre...