Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with David Eccles School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Designed for business leaders interested in Bioventures, this program focuses on the early stages of product development in the life sciences business sector.
Learn how to navigate the complex world of Bioventures in this rigorous program for business leaders. Through a blend of lecture-based learning and interactive case discussions, you will develop a deeper understanding of clinical problems, solution creation and early-stage product development in the context of regulatory and stakeholder requirements. Explore business opportunities as you gain competency in a wide range of key issues, including the methodology of strategic clinical problem-solving and core elements of early product development. You’ll also learn to identify, assess and address ethical issues associated with innovating clinical technologies.
In This Program
- Learn about the stages and key issues in early product development, including needs finding, ethnographic research, regulatory requirements, prototype design, concept generation and refinement, market opportunity and segmentation analysis
- Experience a unique clinical shadowing opportunity and conduct a clinical observation under the guidance of a clinician from the University of Utah
- Study disease-state fundamentals and treatment landscapes
- Learn about the challenges associated with the clinical introduction of new medical technologies, including issues with market analysis and business plan development
- Discuss financial topics including market analysis, financial modeling and healthcare reimbursement
- Study intellectual property fundamentals, design processes and prototype development
- Understand regulatory fundamentals, hazard analysis and risk management
- Learn about bench testing, animal studies, clinical trials, ethics and usability testing