Who should attend
Better Conversations & Coaching is designed to improve a leader’s coaching confidence at all levels and functions of an organization. It’s especially suited for:
- HR professionals looking to transition from tactical managers to strategic business partners
- Any leader who wants to improve trust, communication and engagement with their team
- Individuals who want to champion the development of coaching culture within their organization
- Individuals seeking coaching certification
About the course
Effective communication is the cornerstone of effective leadership. You simply can’t lead well without it. That’s why every leader at your organization—no matter the level or function—needs to be able to coach, give feedback and ignite better conversations. So how do they do this when many leaders feel ill-equipped to coach? Better Conversations & Coaching is a leadership coaching course that gives leaders the skills and confidence necessary to become master communicators. By working in small groups led by a dedicated mentor, participants at this coaching conversations training will develop a personal communication and coaching style that works for them and their teams.
What Do Participants Learn in This Coaching Conversations Training?
Participants will begin the program by developing four critical, foundational skills required for successful communication and coaching engagements: Listen to Understand, Ask Powerful Questions, Challenge & Support, and Establish Next Steps & Accountability. They will then learn how to:
- Utilize these core skills to improve the effectiveness of their daily conversations
- Implement these core skills in formal coaching conversations
- Manage coaching relationships more effectively
- Adapt their own coaching style as needed
- Build a results-driven personal development plan
- Build an awareness of the impact of coaching on the organization’s culture
This Coaching Conversations Training Will Help You Overcome Challenges
Without effective communication, employee performance, employee engagement, talent retention and business execution are at risk. Working in groups of four, each paired with a coaching expert, this program will show leaders a simple, practical, scalable coaching model and increase their coaching confidence and competence. This coaching conversations training will help:
- Teach managers to more effectively give feedback and develop others.
- Spread a coaching mindset throughout the organization so everyone has access to coaching
- Refine one’s own coaching skills
- Create a resilient organization prepared to handle challenges
- Motivate employees to increase engagement and build trust
- Improve peer relationships and practices
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.