Who should attend
- Current or prospective board members who are part of a family business.
- Individuals who have a desire to become high functioning board members as well as a desire to develop or improve their own family business board.
About the course
One of the keys to long term success as a family business is to build an effective family governance structure to keep the family aligned, engaged and committed to building a long term legacy. Leadership in this family realm often requires very different skill sets than leadership in the business. This course will help participants better understand how to organize their family governance systems and to leverage their strengths as leaders to create positive change.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify their role in a family business governance system
- Identify what elements sustain a family business
- Properly balance the human element
- Identify and build upon your strengths as a leader
- Applicable to all family business environments of any business size or industry
- Managing family communication
- Conflict and decision making
- How to engage effectively with the board and owners
- How to build unity that can sustain the family across generations
Andrew Keyt, MSMFT, is the Lead Clinical Faculty for Family Business Institutes, president of the Family Business Network North America (FBN-NA), and the president and founder of Keyt Consulting, a private consulting firm. For 18 years, he served as the executive director of the Family Business ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.