Awareness, Vision, Imagination, Role, Action (AVIRA)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with INSEAD Business School.Full disclaimer.
Transform your organisation, your world, your self
Today, leaders must operate in a world characterised by greater uncertainty about the future, a trust deficit, and opposing economic patterns constituted by static and worrisome trends in the established economies and dynamic trends in the emerging economies.
This challenging environment notwithstanding, leaders at the top of organisations are responsible for the performance of the organisation and the health of the organisation - especially in terms of developing and deepening talent and their own learning, reflection, and growth. Further, leaders at the top of organisations must be able to distinguish and grapple with both challenges that require changes in technology and those that require changes in behaviour.
AVIRA: Awareness, Vision, Imagination, Role, Action is a unique invitation to set aside the urgent to consider the important. It provides a forum for you (leaders at the top of organisations) to learn, reflect, and grow. Facilitated by experienced session leaders, you will explore and discuss the characteristics of effective top executives and high performance organisations. You will widen your international network of colleagues. Reflecting the motto of “little teaching, lots of learning,” the spirit and format of AVIRA is peer-led.
- Discuss and understand where the world is coming from, where it seems headed, and what the implications might be for your leadership and organisation
- Appreciate and learn the habits of effective leaders, and the practices of high performance organisations
- Reflect on your organisations’ performance, your role and influence therein, and depart with a concrete personal action plan for you to lead and deliver more effectively
- Hone your judgement and tune your decision instincts
AVIRA is a peer-led seminar, raising questions and contesting alternatives through group and plenary interaction, as well as active exchange with session leaders. Beyond information and knowledge, the programme includes a transformational module based on peer coaching, facilitated by a professional coach and including post-programme follow-up.
Condensed into five intensive days, the programme is fully residential and takes place on campus.
- What are the shifts and trends in the world economy and where it is headed?
- What is the role of business in society (climate change, inequality, gender disparity and water security)?
- What is your professional identity and leadership style?
- What is your organisation’s aspiration? Will it inspire performance and attract financial, intellectual and human capital resources?
- How does your organisation fit in the world? In what world does your organisation fit?
- How future-proof in an ever-changing environment is your vision and strategy?
- What is the role of imagination in framing and choosing goals?
- How to think outside the box and create alternative business models?
- What is the role of imagination in non-market strategy?
- What is the leader’s role?
- What does it take to transform an organisation?
- How do you assure the organisation’s future and develop intellectual, human and social capital?
- What is your accountability and stewardship for nature’s ecosystem – where to start and where to stop?
- How to be a leader of transformation and not only a manager of turnaround?
- How to close the knowing-doing gap?
- What is the logic of collaboration and architecture of partnerships?
Who should attend
This programme is designed for top executives who hold significant responsibility and who are grappling with dilemas of organisational and personal transformation. Typical participants includes CEOs, Managing Directors, C-suite Executives, Executive Vice Presidents, Board Members or Chairpersons.