About the course
The greatest barrier to daring leadership is not fear; the greatest obstacle is armor - how we self-protect when we feel uncertain. Our armor—the thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that we use to protect ourselves when we aren't willing and able to rumble with vulnerability-move us out of alignment with our values, corrode trust with our colleagues and teams, and prevent us from being our most courageous selves. In this workshop, author, speaker, and Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator, Justine Froelker, will help you learn how to become a more daring leader using Dr. Brene Brown's research on Courage and its four teachable, observable, and measurable skills sets:
- Rumbling with Vulnerability - Facing risk, uncertainty, and emotional exposure with courage and clarity
- Living into our Values - Identifying, operationalizing, and practicing the beliefs that we hold most important
- Braving Trust - Creating or deepening connections in relationships and teams
- Learning to Rise - Learning and growing from the failures, setbacks, and disappointments that are inevitable when we are brave with our lives
- DETERMINE YOUR CALL TO COURAGE AS A LEADER.
- RECOGNIZE THE ARMOR THAT GETS IN THE WAY OF DARING LEADERSHIP.
- UNDERSTANDING THE CRITICAL ROLE THAT SELF-AWARENESS PLAYS IN COURAGEOUS LEADERSHIP.
- UNDERSTANDING THAT COURAGE IS A COLLECTION OF FOUR SKILL SETS THAT ARE MEASURABLE, OBSERVABLE, AND TEACHABLE.
- RECOGNIZING THAT VULNERABILITY IS THE BIRTHPLACE OF MANY OF THE BEHAVIORS THAT DEFINE COURAGEOUS LEADERSHIP INCLUDING CREATIVITY, ACCOUNTABILITY, AND DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS.
- LEARN HOW VALUES OPERATE IN OUR PROFESSIONAL LIVES AND THE ROLE THEY PLAY IN INTEGRITY AND DARING LEADERSHIP.
- LEARN HOW TO USE THE BRAVING INVENTORY AS A WAY OF UNDERSTANDING AND DISCUSSING THE ELEMENTS OF TRUST.
- LEARN THE CRITICAL ROLE THAT CURIOSITY AND RECOGNITION OF EMOTION PLAY IN DEVELOPING RESILIENCE SKILLS.
- LEARN BASIC AND DOABLE SELF-AWARENESS, COMMUNICATION SKILLS, AND SELF-CARE.
Justine Froekler is a Licensed Professional Counselor with over 20 years of experience in personal development. For seven years Justine has been certified in the work of Dr. Brené Brown as a Certified Daring Way™, Dare to Lead™ & BOLD™ Facilitator. Justine has extensive experience helping peo...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.