Who should attend
This program is designed for both new and experienced leaders wishing to enhance their authenticity and lead in a manner to significantly increase employee engagement within their team/organization. Interested participants are encouraged to attend individually or in teams from their organizations.
About the course
Employee engagement studies, conducted by Gallup, consistently show on average in the U.S. only 33% of workers are highly engaged. Results from these studies find that authentic, inspirational leaders who provide their people a sense of purpose, invest time in developing their people, and approach leadership from a “coach” perspective versus a directive top-down boss, greatly enhance employee engagement and team performance. Thus, the key to high team performance and employee engagement is authentic and effective leadership.
This 1-day program will provide the participant with the foundation of authentic and effective leadership, while exploring who the leader is as a person. Fully understanding the factors driving behavior enhances leadership authenticity, assists in building trust with others, increases leader effectiveness, and contributes to personal fulfillment and team performance.
Current and emerging leaders will receive practical, insightful guidance and actionable tools on how to:
- Explore and identify personal leadership principles and purpose
- Cultivate a mindset that promotes personal/professional growth and collaboration
- Master techniques to build stronger relationships with others
- Apply various forms of leadership behavior to solve challenges and infuse teammates with a sense of purpose
- Create a personal leadership philosophy and plan to enhance performance
After each course session, time will be allocated in the program schedule for participants to immediately apply the learnings to developing a personal leadership plan, resulting in:
- Increased self-awareness regarding how purpose, values, and mindset influence leader behavior
- Clarity and understanding of a unique leadership style fitting an individual’s values, purpose, and personality
- The ability to effectively manage oneself and connect with others
- Enhanced authenticity and effectiveness through the creation of a leadership philosophy
- The application of various forms of leadership behavior to achieve optimal personal and professional performance
Expertise Leader and leadership development, trust, building and leading high performing teams, leading organizational change, leadership in dangerous contexts, and behavioral ethics Experience Dr. Patrick Sweeney is an experienced senior leader-practitioner and scholar whose research interests ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.