Who should attend
The curriculum is designed for those who wish to understand more about different aspects of marketing, including but not limited to digital marketing, content marketing, influencers, social media, optimization tactics, brand management, public and press relations, and crisis communications. All levels of experience are warmly welcome. Courses led by Noreen tend to attract students from a range of different backgrounds including events, gallery and museum professionals, creative practitioners, client services or people with an interest in these fields.
About the course
This online course surveys the techniques and tactics used to create integrated, effective marketing and communications campaigns in the public and private sectors, from museums and galleries to dealers and auction houses.
The course provides participants with an understanding of key marketing concepts, theories and practical applications through an analysis of case studies and a series of live lectures. It is designed for anyone interested in marketing, communications and PR in the creative sector, and in developing their own understanding of how these parallel fields have evolved.
You will learn:
- To contextualize marketing, communications, and digital strategies in the public and private sectors of the art world.
- How to identify techniques and tactics used within marketing campaigns and evaluate their success.
- The opportunities (and challenges) of various sector-specific tactics including social media, email newsletters, crisis communications, and the influencer economy.
Topics covered in this course may include:
- Key Marketing Concepts, Theories, and Practical Applications
- Case Studies: The Strategies of Major Public Cultural Institutions
- Competitor Analysis
- Optimization Tactics
- Realtime Crisis Communications and Management
Noreen Ahmad (Director of Communications and Marketing, The Morgan Library & Museum) is an accomplished strategist and communications specialist skilled at balancing the ideals of the cultural sector with the long-term mission-driven interests of every client. Over the last decade, she has wo...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.