Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The “Artificial Intelligence for Executives” program is designed for business leaders and senior executives from a diversity of companies and sectors who seek a broader understanding of the potential impact of AI on their work, organization and competitive landscape. The program explores AI from a managerial – not technological – viewpoint, so IT expertise is not required to attend.
About the course
Transform Your Business Through AI
If data is the driver of digital transformation, artificial intelligence is the key that unleashes its power. In this new data-driven world, global executives need a strong grasp of the capacity of AI to boost their individual and organizational performance, as well as knowledge of the opportunities, challenges and threats it represents.
- Gain a solid understanding of AI as a catalyst for innovation and source of competitive advantage.
- Analyze real-life AI integrations to better appreciate their strategic benefits and challenges.
- Discover opportunities to create value through AI implementations.
- Acquire insights to facilitate the integration of AI solutions in your firm.
- Enhance your firm’s ability to confront disruptive threats.
The “Artificial Intelligence for Executives” program provides participants with a broader understanding of the power of AI, including its impact on business models, sources of competitive advantage and organizational structure.
- What is AI and how does it work?
- AI applications: benefits and limitations
- Practical cross-industry AI implementations
- Key economic and business implications of AI
Working With AI
- Identifying AI opportunities and applications
- Planning and implementing AI solutions
- Developing a learning strategy to improve data and AI
Leading With AI
- Developing organizational AI competencies
- AI capabilities: when to build, buy or outsource
- Ethical ramifications of AI
- Designing data- and AI-driven organizations
Competing With AI
- Commercializing AI-based products and services
- Developing new AI- and data-driven business models
- Leveraging data for advantage in the value chain
- Protecting your business against disruption
On-Campus Edition Methodology
The program leverages a wide range of highly dynamic and interactive teaching methodologies, including group discussions, class lectures, exercises, the case study method and a computer simulation, all aimed to hone your skills as an agent of change. These teaching methods have been strategically combined to foster an optimal learning environment.
The on-site edition takes place on the school’s Barcelona campus.
To ensure participants get the most out of the program, they will be asked to prepare the academic materials provided two weeks before the program’s start date.
Live Online Edition Methodology
The program leverages a range of highly dynamic teaching methodologies, including group discussions, class lectures, exercises and the case method, all aimed at honing your skills as an agent of change.
These teaching methods have been strategically combined to foster an optimal learning environment.
Sampsa Samila received his PhD from Columbia University and his MSc from Helsinki University of Technology (now part of Aalto University). He has taught previously at Columbia Business School, Brock University, and the National University of Singapore. His research focuses primarily on econom...
Areas of Interest Digital Transformation of Organizations Impact of Digital Density on Business Models Mobility Strategy Big Data Internet of Things Artificial Intelligence Consumerization of IT Digital Media Innovation Javier Zamora is currently Senior Lecturer in the Department of Informatio...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.