Who should attend
This programme is for mid-career to senior managers who are trying to understand how they can leverage AI technologies within their organizations. The programme emphasizes core understanding of the technology with a view to managing it. Participants need not have an IT or technical background, just a broad understanding of IT is sufficient to take this module. This programme is also for those managers who are already engaged with some AI-based technologies and want to expand their understanding of all the management challenges that arise and how they can be addressed.
About the course
The objective of this programme is to understand the technologies of AI and examine how they enable digital transformation in organisations. The focus is on decisions to be made by managers, the nature of reorganisation and transformation in organisations, and the competitive possibilities. The course covers the nature of digital transformation that organisations are undergoing currently, the role of AI and ways in which specific technologies are implemented and used. The focus is on basic concepts of technologies and the manner in which they are managed: how data is accumulated, how software is built and tested, how decision-making is assigned to machines and humans, what type of biases may emerge, and how operations are grown and scaled. This course also examines the economic and social impact of AI, with a view to understanding developments and disruptions in the future.
After completing the programme participants can expect to:
- Have a strong grasp of digital transformation that organisations are engaged in.
- Have a strong grasp of concepts such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Supervised Learning, Classification, Prediction etc.
- Understand how managerial decision making and policy is impacted by AI technologies
- Have a view of the challenges of adopting AI technologies, acquire and manage data, and manage teams that are using AI
- Understand the implications of decisions made by machines, the nature and type of biases, the ethics of such decisions and the impact of AI in organizations and on competition.
- Digital Transformation in organisations
- Technologies for Digital Transformation
- Introduction to AI: history of AI, the current scenario
- Symbolic AI; Problem solving and Search; Planning
- Neural Networks; Deep learning
- Decision Trees and Random Forests
- Analogical classifiers; Reinforcement learning
- Genetic algorithms
- Bayesian learning
- Artificial Life systems; Ant colony optimization
- The Business of AI: Case Studies
- Managing AI projects: Data, Training, Validation, Teams, Skill-building
- AI and Ethics problems
- Transformation with AI: Case Study I
- Transformation with AI: Case Study II
- Understand key AI concepts and terminology
- Identify which technologies can be useful for transformation in your own organizations
- Develop an appreciation of the role of data and how it can be managed
- Understand how AI-based operations are managed
- Understand how AI is impacting industry and changing the nature of work.
The classes will be conducted in a lecture/demonstration/discussion format. Participants are expected to stay alert, listen to the instructor and other participants, and respond to questions and comments.
Some do-it-yourself assignments will be provided for those who are technically inclined and want to learn more details about implementation. These will be given out as voluntary assignments, where code and data will be provided, along with instructions on how to run the software.
Before joining IIMB, Professor Dé was an Associate Professor at Rider University in New Jersey, USA. Professor Dé’s research interests are in ICT for Development, Open Source and e-Government Systems. He has published two books and over 50 articles in international journals, refereed conference p...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.