Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This Oxford course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Associate Project Managers
- Project Managers
- IT Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Project Analysts
- Project Leaders
- Senior Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Product Managers
- Program Managers
- Project Sponsors
- Project Team Members
About the course
How many times have we encountered situations where project timeline and budget overruns have occurred? Furthermore, what happens when the reasons that motivated the selection of a project have altered - does the project change its course? Not always! As business and organizational environments become increasingly complex, it is critical that work initiatives are controlled effectively.
This Oxford training course explores generally accepted standard project management practices that enable a project manager to control their projects effectively. It examines project control through clear project governance, setup, planning and monitoring of a project.
By attending this Oxford course you should learn how to:
- Use charters to control project selection, approval and sponsor/pm alignment
- Develop key plans in order to establish the fundamental controlling structure of the triple constraints: Scope, Time and Budget
- Construct baseline plans and leverage the triple constraints to control project change
- Appreciate how the adaptive lifecycle is used to control very volatile situations
- Report project progress using the Earned Value Management system
The Oxford course aims to provide delegates with practical techniques that they can apply to control their project environment. To achieve this goal, the high-level course structure includes the following topics:
- An Overview of the Fundaments of Projects - this supports control of the project setup
- Controlling the Project Timeline
- Controlling Budget Overruns
- Monitoring and Reporting Project Progress
- Contrasting Project Control Lifecycles - Predictive versus Adaptive
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.