Who should attend
Current and potential recipient personnel responsible for identifying funding opportunities and developing applications for Federal grants and cooperative agreements will benefit from this course.
About the course
The Federal grant application process can be overwhelming. Taking the appropriate planning steps can make the application process easier and more fluid. You will cover the Federal financial assistance process from identifying and qualifying opportunities to submission. You will navigate Grants.gov to evaluate the Notice of Funding Opportunities, and review peer comments. You will also walk through the key components of an effective application. This is a core course in the Recipient Track of the GMCP™.
- Describe the Federal grants funding process
- Determine which grant opportunity meets organization and program needs
- Examine the Federal grants application process
- Describe the post application submission actions taken by Federal agencies and applicants
How Do I Prepare to Apply for a Federal Grant?
- Grants 101
- How the Federal Grants System is Governed
How Do I Find a Federal Grant?
- Identifying Grant Funding
- Assessing Grant Funding
- Evaluating Grant Funding Opportunities
How Do I Submit a Federal Grant Application?
- Application Components
- Forming the Team and a Plan
- Final Submission Procedures
What Happens after I Submit My Application?
- Grant Application Review Procedures
- Initiating a Funded Project
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.