Applications in Contracting
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
Program and project managers need a strong foundation in Federal acquisitions to successfully manage projects. Discuss the purpose and goals of Federal contracting while adhering to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). Through exercises, you will learn about the acquisition life cycle, review various roles and responsibilities, and understand the importance of leadership and management processes. This course is verified to meet the requirements for the Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC-P/PM) at the Mid-Level.
- Demonstrate understanding of key acquisition concepts, life cycle, and roles and responsibilities
- Implement leadership and management processes associated with acquisition planning
- Develop and implement source selection criteria that consider associated risk
- Conduct contract administration functions in collaboration with the program Contracting Officer's Representative (COR)
Federal Acquisition Overview
- What Is Acquisition?
- Similarities and Differences Between Private and Public Sector Contracting
- Mission of the Federal Acquisition Community
- Purpose of the Federal Acquisition System
- Vision & Goals
- The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) System
- Exercise: You're In Charge
- Acquisition Life Cycle
- Exercise: Who Am I?
- Role of the COR
- Acquisition Strategy and Acquisition Plan
- Acquisition Planning Phase Leadership and Management Processes
- Government Procurement Preference
- Types of Statements of Work
- Market Research
- Incorporating Risk into the Acquisition Plan
- Contract Types
- Contracting Tools and Strategies for Modular Contracting
- Incentive Contracts
- Source Selection Planning
- Evaluation of Offers, Bids, and Proposals
Performance and Administration
- Contract Administration Planning
- Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB)
- Monitoring Contractor Performance
Putting It All Together
- Lesson Overview
- Exercise: Private and Public Sector Contracting
- Exercise: Roles and Responsibilities
- Exercise: Planning for the Full Acquisition Lifecycle
- Exercise: Develop a Contract Administration Plan
- Exercise: Develop a Baseline for Negotiation
- Exercise: What Did I Learn?
Who should attend
This course is intended for program and project management professionals seeking their FAC-P/PM Mid-level certification.