Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
This course is designed to provide a focused overview of the current key areas of financial crime, methods of prevention and detection as well as a good knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment under which organisations must operate in the UK.
This three day course is designed to provide a comprehensive guide to the key issues, legislation and implications. You will obtain a sound practical understanding of:
- Global best practices in fraud detection and prevention; anti-money laundering processes and regulation as well as anti-bribery regulation
- How to set up control systems and detect breaches
- How to navigate through the relevant legislation and case law as well as indicating where new legislation is expected
- How criminal activity has been detected and assets recovered – via real-life case studies and examples
- The role of regulators and the consequences of not complying with regulations and the law
How You Will Learn
Get fully updated on the latest trends and methods of prevention and detection. Filled with the latest developments, both regulatory and otherwise
Including the Fraud Act, the Bribery Act, The Money Laundering Legislation, The Proceeds of Crime Act, The Criminal Finances Act 2017 and the changes due under the EU 4th Directive
- Developing a Fraud Risk Analysis for your Organisation
- Evaluating your Risks and Assigning Controls
- Fraud Typologies in Banking, Commerce and Industrial Environments
- Financial Statement Fraud - Review of the Major Examples
- Detection of Fraud
- Actions to Take After Detection
- The Fraud Act
- FCA Financial Crime Reporting (Rep-Crim)
- Tax Evasion
- The Bribery Act 2010
- The Bribery Act Offences
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and how it Differs from the Bribery Act
- DOJ Guidance and how it Should be Applied
- On-going Compliance and Obligations of the Act
- Evaluating High Risk Areas of your Business
- High Risk Circumstances
- Using your Contractual Documents to Impose your own Anti-bribery Policies
- Corruption and Corruption Indicators
- Bribery & Corruption Risk Analysis
- Practical Business Safeguards
Adrian Bond MSc ACA is a Chartered Accountant with more than 30 years experience at senior level and is a founding director of Bond Associates Limited. After qualifying with Ernst and Young in 1982, Adrian moved into Industry holding the roles of finance director, general manager and managing di...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.