Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Almasi means “diamond” in Kiswahili. This course is for individuals in senior positions who wish to develop expertise and strengthen their knowledge in managing and leading in the field of philanthropy in particular and the non-profit sector in general, and for corporate social responsibility practitioners on the African continent.
About the course
Do you work as a senior professional in the field of philanthropy in Africa? Do you wish to develop an advanced and practical application of philanthropy and social investment?
Why a short course?
The aim of this short course is to develop an advanced and practical application of philanthropy and social investment. It focuses on critical thinking and analysis of core themes and principles such as leadership, management, strategy, technology, fundraising and managing of resources and public policy, advocacy and measurement.
What will I learn?
You will learn to:
- Demonstrate application of the strategic and functional responsibilities of leadership in philanthropy
- Critically assess different performance measurement tools in managing corporate social responsibility
- Apply ethical and practical leadership skills in managing philanthropy within the African context
- Evaluate different strategic approaches to social investment and grant making
- Recommend solutions to complex philanthropic business problems
- Demonstrate knowledge of a broad range of conceptual and analytical skills appropriate to the philanthropy field
What are the modules?
- African Philanthropy and Strategy
- Leadership of Philanthropic and Non-Profit Organisations
- Fundraising and Managing Resources
- Public Policy, Advocacy and Measurement
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Elective topics (choose two)
- Research Methods in Philanthropic Project Management
- Grant Making
- Religion and Philanthropy
- Philanthropy and Sustainable Development Goals
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.