About the course
One of the most important functions of senior leaders is managing the strategic processes and systems of their organizations. This includes strategy formulation, the development of strategic plans, and the execution parameters for those plans. It also includes strategic thinking, which is both a process and a mindset. No matter how well planned, reactions of competitors, suppliers, and customers; changes in regulatory environments, resource availability, or other dynamic changes often require that plans must change during execution. This session will address both strategic thinking and a dynamic, rich strategizing process. Best practices of strategic leadership will be covered to enhance senior leaders' abilities to guide their organizations to thrive through VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) contexts. Once strategies are set, strategic implementation must be enacted. This session will thus also cover strategic nesting and alignment. Organizations often become fragmented because their strategy, vision, mission and organizational values aren’t properly integrated or become misaligned. This session will cover how to align these strategic components to ensure that the strategy cascades down through the operational and tactical levels of the organization. As part of achieving this alignment, this session will address how effective leaders communicate their vision and intent to leaders and followers at lower levels.
15% 3 Pillars of Trust
- Competence (logos)
- Character/Integrity (ethos)
- Benevolence/Sympathy/Care (pathos)
- Dynamics between leadership style, credibility, trust, and power and influence
20% Building Logos
- Signaling competence
- Harnessing others competence
- Knowing your sweet spot leveraging strengths
20% Building Ethos
- Leading with integrity and authenticity
- Ethical leadership techniques - Modelling the way
20% Building Pathos
- Fidelity, loyalty, and care
- Individualized consideration
15% Building Team and Organization-Based Trust
- Creating team potency
- Beyond cohesion building team honor, duty, and loyalty
- Embedding trust in organizational systems and culture
10% Restoring Bonds of Trust - Trust Repair
- Trust repair techniques perspective of the trustee
- Trust repair techniques perspective of the trustor
Professor Hannah holds an endowed chair in management at Wake Forest University School of Business. He is a retired US Army Colonel with vast practical experience leading complex organizations and developing leaders. He previously was the Director of Leadership and Management Programs at West Poi...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.