Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Airline professionals involved in finance, fleet planning or aircraft trading
- Manufacturer commercial executives seeking insight into airline financing trends and prospects
- Engineers and technical specialists who are moving into a commercial role within their company
- Bankers, lessors, advisors and lawyers new to the field of aircraft financing
About the course
Improve understanding of airline financial performance & aircraft financing tools & techniques from the perspectives of airlines, lessors, bankers & manufacturers.
How will I benefit?
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the role of finance and insurance in aviation
- Know the main aviation finance and insurance jargon used
- Understand airline financial performance and statements
- Analyse the financing structures used in today's aircraft market
- Appreciate the objectives of airlines, lessors, bankers, insurers and manufacturers
- Understand the role of leasing markets, manufacturer support and export credit
- Understand aviation insurance market, its financial impacts on airlines and aircraft financing
- Analyse recent trends on aircraft transactions from a financial perspective
- Comprehend the role of capital markets in aircraft finance and the current market situation
What does the course cover?
- Aviation business drivers and financial impacts
- Overview of aircraft financing process and players
- Financing jargon
- Airline financial statements and analysis
- Capital markets, currency exchange and aircraft financing
- Leasing awareness overview
- Financing structures for aircraft
- Aircraft loan structures and pricing
The banker’s view:
- Bank’s objectives and criteria when financing a deal
- Balance sheet and regulatory constraints on banks
- Document and cash flows in financing structures
Problems and trends in air finance and aircraft finance businesses
Latest aircraft financing structures
- Insurer’s objectives and criteria when financing a deal
- Overview of the insurance market
- Types of insurance and pricing
- Case study: Insurance and airline financial implications
- Aircraft residual value guarantees
- Export credit agencies’ role and mechanisms in aircraft financing
- Financing overview of the evolution of orders and deliveries
- Aircraft financing and government support (Export Credit Agencies - ECA)
- ECA financing trends
- PDPs financing overview
- Backstop financing
Airline’s view on:
- Financing strategy and flexible fleet management
- Cost of capital optimisation
- Financial risk management
- Airline’s financing tools during a crisis
- Aircraft financing
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.