Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with AirBusiness Academy.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Discover how airlines evaluate competing aircraft types based on technical and economic criteria.
How will I benefit?
This course will enable you to:
- Have more insight into aircraft selection and acquisition processes
- Examine the techniques and methods which are used by airlines to analyse aircraft
- Know how airlines organise fleet planning and the aircraft evaluation processes
- Follow the example of a major European airline’s evaluation process
- Use economic analysis techniques through a comprehensive business case
- Understand key issues facing airlines and manufacturers regarding aircraft availability and financing
- Comprehend financial analysis: investment valuation, sensitivity analysis and leasing vs. purchasing
What does the course cover?
- Current and emerging industry trends
- Basic aircraft evaluation principles
- Qualitative aircraft evaluation criteria
- Aircraft evaluation for a major airline
- Aircraft selection: airplane direct operating cost, cost breakdown by categories, choosing aircraft type cabin
- Risk vs. reward evaluation – focus on aircraft performance
- Aircraft utilisation and productivity impact
- Aircraft standardisation?
- Analysis of investment in aircraft: cash-flow estimates, airlines cost of capital, measuring profitability: NPV, IRR
- Leasing vs. purchasing aircraft
- Business cases
Who should attend
- Airline managers involved in fleet planning and procurement, asset management, strategic planning, finance and operations
- Manufacturer analysts with customer interfaces, particularly those in sales and marketing
- Asset management finance and contracts managers
- Analysts and managers of aircraft leasing companies, banks, appraisal firms and insurance companies