Who should attend
This course will be useful for environmental engineers, design professionals, APC equipment manufacturers, machinists, inspectors, and construction workers who are interested in gaining a better understanding in air quality
About the course
Air quality is a major area of importance in environmental engineering. Contaminants emitted along an air pathway from industry have been shown to have a major adverse public health effect worldwide. As a result, many government agencies are promulgating and enforcing strict air quality rules, and industrial facilities are employing environmental engineers to minimize emissions, impacts, and exposure to the public. Growing research and case studies have demonstrated a greater understanding of air quality engineering. Strategies and technologies exist to accomplish these goals. There are few “black and white” solutions, however. Engineering decisions to reduce air emissions and impacts draw upon a strong understanding of the technologies available, their effectiveness, cost, and capability of causing auxiliary production and environmental problems
## Course Objectives
This course begins with a thorough explanation of the background and history of air quality engineering, followed by discussions of what we know about air emissions, different ways they are calculated, air pollution control (APC) technologies and strategies, factors involved in their ground-level concentrations, and potential health impacts and ways to regulate air emissions. The course is designed to help you understand the basics of air quality engineering and understand its particular language, terms, and approaches.
## Course Outline
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills
- Understand the nature and classes of different air pollutants
- Define the different types of emissions into the atmosphere
- Determine the different factors involved in determining ground-level concentrations (impacts) of air pollutants
- Understand the basic key exposures to air pollutants affecting public health
- Understand the basic public health effects of different types of air pollutants
- Learn the history of air pollutant regulations and their effects on industry and public health
- Learn about special topics related to regulating air pollution
Summary/ Conclusion of the course
Distribution of Certificate
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.