Who should attend
Business leaders, executives, directors, entrepreneurs, project sponsors, AI and machine learning specialist.
About the course
Generate value through algorithms.
The AI in Business online programme aims to demystify AI by enabling you to diagnose, implement, measure and build AI for personal and organisational impact. You will learn how to use AI as a critical lever to improve your individual and organisational competitiveness.
This seven-week online programme will develop your understanding of what AI is and how it works, no matter how much experience you have of technology, or your level within an organisation.
- Module 0 – Orientation
The Orientation Module introduces you to the GIBS Online campus, onboards you to the programme and initiates your engagement with the GIBS expert faculty and fellow participants. You have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the programme details, how to approach online learning and the kinds of activities you will encounter during the programme.
- Module 1 - Demystifying AI
- Module 2 - AI in Action
- Module 3 - AI Impact Within Organisations and Across Sectors
- Module 4 - AI Companies and the Business Case for AI
- Module 5 - Measuring AI Success: Metrics That Matter
- Module 6 - Chatbot and Business Case
How you will benefit
Understand the what, why and how of AI in business:
- Identify what AI is and what it is not - explore the AI landscape
- Analyse why AI matters - investigate the creation of AI value
- Develop an in-depth understanding of AI and data interaction - the role of data and analytics
- Identify, compose and apply the development of an AI business case
- Evaluate the success of AI projects
- Build an AI powered chatbot
Throughout the programme you will have opportunities to test your knowledge, practise application, evaluate your understanding, reflect on your insights and track your improvement with both graded and ungraded assessments.
Module assessments include reflective polls and discussions, multiple-choice quizzes, written assignments and case study applications. You will receive feedback and can discuss ways to improve with GIBS faculty and your peers.
During the final module you will apply what you have learned by developing your own AI powered chatbot and composing an AI project business case as a final.
Profile Manoj Chiba is a management professional with over 10 years of senior management experience. He is currently the principal consultant and data analyst specialist for ATBM Advisory. His passion is driving the triple bottom line through evidence-based research and some of the work inclu...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.