Who should attend
- Exploratory (manual) software testing professionals who are interested in using automation.
- Software developers working on agile teams interested in improving their code quality and test coverage.
- Anyone interested in exploring a career in software development and testing.
About the course
Most companies develop software using agile methodologies, enabling teams to work fast to deliver value. To ensure the product meets the requirements of each iteration, the team runs tests, designing them for automation where possible.
In this course, we'll explore the role of testing and quality assurance in the software development life cycle with an emphasis in agile development. We'll look into what it's like to work in the software development industry, explore common practices, and learn the methods used for software quality assurance. You'll practice working on test designs and using automation by completing realistic exercises and projects with popular software testing tools. At the end of this course, you'll be able to design, implement and execute tests, and track product quality.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to create the minimal set of test cases that support the team coverage goals
- Ways to understand and address user stories, requirements and specifications
- How to use unit test frameworks like .Net Test Projects, JUnit and PyCharm to automate unit tests
- How to use UI test frameworks like Selenium to automate UI tests
- Techniques to measure test coverage, performance and defects
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Create test cases, defect reports and summaries
- Write test automation for .Net, Java, Python and Selenium
- Integrate tests into Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
Marcelo Guerra Hahn has more than 15 years of experience in software development, testing and project management. He is very passionate about data and using data to facilitate decision making. He currently works at Tableau, where he focuses on internal development tools. Before joining Tableau, h...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.