Who should attend
This program is highly beneficial for those whose roles involve negotiation and achieving the agreement of others, whether in formal negotiation settings such as procurement or enterprise bargaining, or in less formal settings such as leading an organisational change process or working in dynamic teams.
About the course
Effective negotiation involves developing a process that leads to constructive outcomes.
Gain an understanding of how negotiations work and be aware of your impact. The tone of your voice, your body language, and your phrasing can have a significant impact on the process and outcome of any negotiation. Gaining the skills to negotiate, coupled with an understanding of your personal impact, will improve your negotiation technique and lead to better outcomes.
This program combines the negotiation and research expertise of Professor Ray Fells from the UWA Business School with the coaching and role playing expertise of "The Experience Lab" a team of professional facilitators and improvisation actors. By employing a distinctive experiential approach, participants will gain practical insight into how to manage their negotiations more effectively and avoid pitfalls. This knowledge will be brought to life through case studies, simulations, role plays and coaching. The program culminates in a substantial negotiation simulation in which "The Experience Lab" team will challenge, guide and coach the participants to develop and improve their practical skills.
About the negotiation process:
- The DNA of negotiation – a practical understanding of how negotiations work, including what power and trust mean in the context of negotiation
- Strategic thinking – tools to enable you to become a proactive rather than reactive negotiator
- A reflective approach that will enable you to continually enhance your negotiation effectiveness and understand your own style as a negotiator.
- Feedback on current strengths and weaknesses
- Practical skills in managing the tasks that are needed to achieve a constructive outcome
- Personalised skills development in managing the interaction between yourself and other negotiators.
Prior to becoming an academic Ray gained experience in employment and industrial relations matters in the U.K. which gave rise to his interest in dispute resolution through negotiation and mediation. His research and teaching have been aimed at finding ways to negotiate more effectively in the bu...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.