Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Anyone who seeks to negotiate with or influence people in any capacity, whether they seek to resolve conflict, make deals more valuable, or simply try to influence people to change their behaviour.
About the course
Negotiate with confidence and influence others to drive better outcomes Negotiation is a core skill that we use to enable more resilient relationships, more efficient interactions, and more valuable outcomes. Yet, most negotiators rely on a relatively narrow set of predictable tactics that are often disconnected from the present dynamics. This course will provide you with a comprehensive approach to negotiating and influencing that better captures the complexity of real-world negotiation and gives you more choice for how to improve results in both formal and informal negotiations.
- Adapt generic strategies to situational dynamics
- Create and claim value, with and without using power
- Recognise the role of rationality and emotions in negotiation, and how to adapt your approach to each
- Identify the broad strategic choices available to negotiators, and some of the predictable consequences of each choice
Influence in Negotiation
- Challenging limiting assumptions and their impact on your strategy
- Understand what people want, what drives their behaviour and how to influence this
- Understand the role of the relationship; where it helps, and where it can lead to manipulation
- Improve your self-awareness, enabling you to replace emotions and reactions with proactive, constructive and respectful behaviours.
This highly interactive and practical program includes a mix of presentations, exercises, group discussions and simulations. Participants will negotiate a range of scenarios with increasing complexity, from ad-hoc preparation to structured preparation, from individual to team negotiations, and from straightforward deals to emotionally charged disputes.
Filip is a negotiation consultant, lecturer and author. He has taught students at a dozen universities and graduate business schools, provided negotiation services for several negotiation companies, and collaborated with a range of experts in international, commercial and crisis negotiation. In t...
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.