Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is for experienced leaders interested in developing superior leadership communication skills to achieve even greater success at the highest levels of their organizations.
About the course
Through effective leadership communication, motivate action at every level and influence even the toughest executives, customers, subordinates and stakeholders.
You’re already successful as a leader and communicator. But now you must exercise even greater influence, solve bigger problems and drive unprecedented performance improvements. Superior leadership communication skills and the ability to adapt them to constantly changing circumstances are essential.
How You Will Benefit
- Discover breakthrough leadership communication techniques for driving business value and becoming a more powerful leader
- Master best practices for influencing peers, managers, subordinates, customers and other stakeholders
- Become more effective at handling your specific challenges, from delivering bad news to increasing team motivation
- Communicate confidently in any environment, from spontaneous “elevator pitches” to high-stakes reports and proposals
- Make the most of today’s electronic communication tools
- Deliver powerful messages that win hearts and minds: messages that are short, simple, strong, credible, tailored to your audience and lead rapidly to action
What You Will Cover
- Influencing employees, customers, partners and stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Developing the trust, credibility, rapport and relationships you need to deliver superior results
- Building consensus, cohesion, buy-in and team commitment
- Organizing and packaging your message for maximum impact
- Overcoming barriers to communication in any environment
- Controlling all elements of your message: written, verbal, visual and symbolic
- Choosing the best tools and channels for delivering messages
- Maximizing your effectiveness with electronic communications
- Successfully communicating in spontaneous situations
Our Framework: The Five Imperatives of Advanced Leadership Communication
- Describe the Model of Leadership Communication
- Describe the Five Imperatives of Advanced Leadership Communication
- Describe the Objectives, Agenda, Methodology and Ground Rules for This Program
- Organize Ideas Using Mind-Mapping
- Pinpoint Your Message’s Desired Outcomes Using a Results Matrix
- Tailor a Message for Your Intended Audience
- Pick the Right Channels Through Which to Send Your Message
- Perfect Your Message Using the KISSSS Principle
- Identify the Characteristics of a Credible Leader
- Demonstrate Caring, Character and Competence in Touch Situations, While Using Appropriate Communication Channels
- Establish Your Credibility Firmly in Order to Persuade Others
Win Hearts and Minds
- Create a Logical Train of Thought to Persuade
- Create a Persuasive Message That Evokes the Right Emotions
- Reframe a Message from Negative to Positive
- Adjust Your Message to Accommodate the Audience’s Needs, Wants and Style
Build Consensus, Commitment and Cooperation
- Craft Messages to Champion Change
- Identify Techniques for Building Consensus in Anticipation of Resistance
- Describe How to Secure Commitment and Corporation Through Change Initiatives
Get Results—In the Face of Resistance
- Describe and Demonstrate How to Handle Resistance
- Describe and Demonstrate How to Manage Conflict
- Describe and Demonstrate How to Mediate a Hostile Dispute
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.