Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for all personnel involved in implementing the company’s HSE management system and also suitable for production or project engineers, process engineers, mechanical engineers, instrumentation and control engineers, maintenance and HSE technical personnel.
About the course
The object of the course is to provide an overview of Risk Assessment. The principles coupled with an introduction to API 580/581 code; it will be observed that, together, these two documents comprise the widely recognized benchmark for industry accepted RBI practices.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Apply and obtain an advanced knowledge on HAZOP and risk assessment
- Identify the codes and standards and define the process and key elements of RBI
- Differentiate between qualitative and quantitative methods of RBI
- Recognize API 581 in risk-based inspection technology
- Understand the risk matrix and identify the development of the inspection plan
- Discuss RBI and integrated risk management
- Distinguish the risk analysis procedure such as elements of the RBI processes, probability of failure analysis and etc.
- Implement and monitor risk response plan emergency situations
RISK BASED INSPECTION TECHNOLOGY
- Codes - Standard- API-510/570/653
- Define the process and key elements of RBI
- Suggestion of best practices for the development of RBI
- Phases of progressive development
- Why RBI analysis is used
RISK RANKING AND CATEGORIZATION
- Difference between qualitative & quantitative of the RBI method
- API publication 581
- Define and measure the level of Risk
- Reduce risk of failure by effective use of RBI
RISK RANKING AND CATEGORIZATION (CONT’D)
- Understanding the Risk Matrix
- Risk analysis requires all stages in the process to be completed!
- How to identify accident scenario involving equipment failure
- Development of the inspection plan
- RBI and integrated Risk Management
- Cooperation between departments
RISK ANALYSIS PROCEDURE
- Elements of the RBI process
- Probability of failure analysis
- Summary of main parts
- Analyzing and Prioritizing Risks
- Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Quantitative Risk Analysis
IMPLEMENTING & MONITORING RISK RESPONSE PLAN-EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
- Monitoring & Control
- Emergency situations
- Implementing Response Plans
- Risk analysis
- Case Studies
- The RBI Team
- Composition & Competencies
- RBI best undertaken by a team
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.