Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is intended to any person who is responsible for carrying out and/or auditing fire risk assessments.
About the course
This fire risk assessment training course is specifically designed for anyone whose job requires them to assess the fire safety risk within their own organisation. It is designed for the more complex style of premises such as multi occupied offices, hotels, premises with fixed firefighting installations and premises where large numbers of members of the public are likely to be. Fire risk assessments should identify hazards and take steps to prevent fire in order to protect the safety of occupants, visitors and those in the immediate vicinity.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Carryout and audit fire risk assessments within the workplace
- Manage own fire safety and comply with legislation
- Obtain understanding of the active and passive fire safety measures that are available
- Improve ability to apply relevant guidance documents in order to determine appropriate fire safety solutions
- Legal Requirements
- CFOA Guidance; Fire Safety Management; Co-operation and Co-ordination in Multi-occupied Buildings, Human Behaviour, GEEPS, PEEPS
- Fire Warning Systems
- Legal Requirements, Advantages, Disadvantages and Limitations of Specific Systems; Cost Implications
- Passive Fire Safety Measures
- Fire Doors; Protected Stairways and Corridors
- Active Fire Safety Measures
- Suppression Systems and some Control Costs, Benefits
- Guidance Documents
- CLG, ADB, LACORS & BS9999 Application, Interpretation, Limitations, Contradictions and Errors
- General Fire Precautions in Complex Premises
- Compartmentation Requirements, Basements and Commercial Premises; means of Escape
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.