Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for Drilling Supervisors, Drilling Engineers, Drilling Managers, HSE and Rig Managers, Maintenance Supervisors, Toolpushers, Drillers, Mechanics and Electricians.
About the course
In order to ensure optimum performance of your rig, reduce downtime and maintain safety of your personnel, planned maintenance and accurate inspections are essential.
This five-day course teaches the inspection and maintenance procedures required to ensure equipment integrity onland rigs, platform rigs and jack-up rigs. Participants learn to implement the relevant standards and understand industry requirements so that they can verify the condition of a rig’s equipment and improve safety, thus reducing the number of accidents and protecting the asset.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Independently carry out a basic (visual) rig inspection
- Describe the main inspection criteria for major equipment
- Identify the major items that have an impact on the safety and operation of a rig
- Recognize the indicators of the overall condition of a drilling rig
- List the relevant standards (such as API) and their implications for drilling equipment
- Understand the basics of EX equipment installed in hazardous areas
- Evaluate basic maintenance and inspection procedures on the rig toidentify compliance with good workingpractices and industry standards
- Understand the basics of well control equipment operation
- Introduction and entry test
- Drawworks, rotary table, top drive, swivel
- Crown block, travelling block, derrick, winches
Lifting and handling equipment Mud pumps Mud processing equipment
- Diesel engines, air compressors
- Eddy current brake
- Electrical safety in hazardous areas
- Ram BOPs part 1 and part 2
- Annular preventers, gate valves
- Choke and kill manifold including the mud gas separator
- General safety, pollution control, jacking systems and cranes
- BOP HPU
- Final exam
- Course RECAP
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.