Creating Solution-Driven and Innovative Organizations
In this age of disruption, the need for innovative and collaborative solutions has wrought extensive changes in the art of leadership. One recent approach is Adaptive Leadership—a ground-breaking leadership coaching approach developed at Harvard University.
In this course, you will examine the unique abilities of this transformative framework to create collaborations capable of generating flexible, innovative solutions to change. Build strong, resilient relationships based on trust, self-awareness and solid decision making. Deploy practical tools for fostering consensus. Discover new collaborative processes that deliver real-time value.
Available as a stand-alone course or as a follow up to The Art and Practice of Adaptive Leadership, you will gain hands-on experience you can apply immediately back at work.
- Develop collaborative structures and processes capable of responding effectively to specific issues
- Identify shared interests with stakeholders and produce win-win responses to address them
- Evaluate core challenges and open up options for tackling them
- Use cohort feedback and insights to improve the quality of your decisions
- Foster a collaborative culture and sustain communities of ongoing support
- Exploit the advantages of adaptive collaboration to lead organizations in rapidly changing contexts
- Review of the adaptive leadership framework and its mechanisms for building collaboration
- Identifying adaptive work: gaps between adaptive challenges and personal values, thinking critically about challenges from multiple perspectives
- Leading without authority: empowering others to take ownership, overcoming barriers that hinder collaboration, developing strategies for effective collaboration
- Building strong relationships: engaging stakeholders to define problems and solutions, generating a sense of legitimacy and support, coming to solutions through principled negotiation
- Shaping organizational change: anticipating future challenges and opportunities, creating effective collaborative response strategies, mobilizing the full resources of your organization to tackle change
You will explore innovative ways to form professional alliances, collaborate on organizational challenges and build strong and lasting solutions.
Who should attend
- Senior leaders from private, public and nonprofit sectors who need to collaborate with key stakeholders in order to effect productive responses to change
- Past participants of The Art and Practice of Adaptive Leadership who wish to further develop their expertise in this area