Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This Oxford course is useful to anybody engaged in projects within an organization. A company owner or CEO could learn why they may wish to apply the adaptive approach and culture to their organization. Any member of the project team or customer of the team would benefit from appreciating the power of this approach and what they need to do to make it work. Types of roles that would use the lessons from this training include:
- Project Managers
- IT Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Project Analysts
- Team Leaders
- Product Managers
- Program Managers
- Project Sponsors
- Project Team Members
- Customers who will engage with project teams that apply the Agile Approach
About the course
Can you recall days at work when even the smallest tasks seem stressful due to the sense of chaos caused by lots of interruptions, unexpected requests and queries? In today’s fast-moving work environments, many project teams execute the whole project in this state! The traditional project management approach of planning all the work up-front can struggle in cases where there is continuous emergence and re-prioritization of project requirements. Predicting all the risks and dealing with change through rigorous change control systems is great when everything is reasonably stable but seems bureaucratic and slow when the environment is ever-changing.
A project plan should support you - not make you a prisoner! This Oxford training course introduces delegates to an alternative project management framework that embraces change and provides flexibility to consistently deliver what is most important to your customers. Delegates will learn both the traditional and adaptive approaches and be able to determine when it is most appropriate to select one approach over the other.
By attending this course you should achieve these goals:
- Understand how effective teamwork forms the basis for the adaptive approach
- Be in a position to compare and contrast traditional and adaptive project life cycles
- Recognize the types of project that would benefit from the adaptive approach
- Learn the rules and practices used by the most widely applied adaptive project management framework - SCRUM
- Clearly delineate the roles and responsibilities of the SCRUM team
The course aims to enable delegates to compare and contrast predictive and adaptive project management approaches. To achieve this goal, the high-level course structure includes the following topics:
- An Overview of the Traditional or Predictive Project Management Approach
- An Explanation of Subtle Wastes that can Lead to Failure using Predictive Approaches
- A Presentation of the Values that underpin Adaptive or Agile Thinking
- An Investigation of the Principles that guide teams to perform practices that adhere to Agile Values
- A step-by-step walkthrough the core practices of Adaptive Project Management (SCRUM)
- In-depth Reinforcement Exercises that serve to provoke reflection on the Power of Adaptive Thinking