Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
If you have been working for the last 5 years or more in the Chemical Industry, most likely in technical, scientific or specific roles, and now you are moving into a commercial or management position, this programme is right for you.
About the course
The chemical industry is increasingly faced with new competition, stricter regulations, and stakeholder pressure around societal and environmental issues. As a manager, how do you respond to these challenges? What skills and competencies you need to face and respond quickly to the ever-changing business environment?
Get all the business and management skills you need to succeed in making your next step in your career!
The 5-Day Mini MBA for the Chemical Industry is an intensive chemical training course focused on hands-on learning where you will practise everything you learn. Our senior associates come from the business world and understand your challenges. They will make sure that you get instant feedback on your progress and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeaway:
- Get a general overview of strategy, people management, leadership, product development, marketing, sales, finance and supply chain in the Chemical Industry
- Understand the particularities and business logic(s) of the Chemical Industry
- Use your knowledge to analyse and make commercial decisions confidently
After participating in this programme, you will have a better management overview of the Chemical Industry. You will be able to face disruption in your industry, and perhaps create it, and you will how to maximise your successful contribution in the organization.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this chemical training programme, you will grow your management and business skills and be able to:
- Understand how the different parts of the business come together and what role you can play in the organization
- Translate the changes in the chemical industrial environment into more competitive strategies for a sustainable growth
- Develop insights into how managers in the chemical industry can effectively lead people and align teams to implement the new strategy
- Become an active contributor in this change process for your own company
- Gain more insight in how to develop a sharper strategy definition
- Understand the importance of the financial aspects in your company
- Increase your business know-how with the best management methods and tools for your current and future career
- Make better business decisions and improved contribution to your organization
- Implement the new strategic goals from your top management faster and more effectively
- Understand the importance of innovative management and leadership as crucial element for competitive growth
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn with a diverse group of peers from different industries and countries in an international environment
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise new skills using real-business-world examples and exercises over 5 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
The 5-Day Mini MBA for the Chemical Industry is a hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme is led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
5-Day Mini MBA for the Chemical Industry Course Outline:
The programme is a blend of a pre-work assignment, intense interaction and post-workshop action planning. You will embrace the role of a business leader and learn about the challenges faced in this position, think strategically and act as a leader.
Day 1: Global Mega Trends and Strategy Execution Understanding the global trends and learning to think strategically in order to be able to set clearly the direction of your company over the long term.
- Evolution of the Chemical Industry and major global trends
- The new geopolitical repartition of chemical industry
- Mergers and acquisitions and control of industries by financial groups
- Growing sustainability concerns and lobbies influence
- Sustainability and Circular economy as new potential innovation drivers
- Creating the right mission, vision, strategy and business plans
- Building the “Strategy House”: the MCE Strategy Execution model
- Alignment of organizations to new strategy and business models
- Implementation of the strategy
Day 2: Inspired Leadership, Marketing & Sales Excellence Becoming an inspired leader is essential in getting the organization aligned.
- Management versus leadership
- The leadership action plan
- Leadership styles and you as a leader
- Leading multi-national and multi-cultural teams
- Leading Joint ventures, Alliances, Post-merger integration
- Change management: Leadership in a changing environment
- Organizational structures: Matrix, Business Unit, Divisions, Global, Regional, Local and combinations
- Understanding and meeting customer needs: Building the Customer Value Proposition
- Product market positioning
- Value-based pricing
- Managing Global key Accounts
- Managing Sales portfolio and the sales funnel
- Customer centricity: Alignment with Multi-Functional account teams
Day 3: Operational Excellence and Compliance Learning to fully utilise resources and finding the right balance between people and technology.
- Operational excellence in chemical manufacturing
- Selecting and implementing the right KPIs
- Portfolio management and product mix optimization: Implications for commodity and specialty chemicals
- Strategic sourcing options
- Procurement and Logistics
- Implementing a high efficiency supply chain system to support your product/service mix
- Regulatory Compliance: Basic testing requirement, REACH, compliance with other chemical regulations
Day 4: Financial Management and Control Mastering the essential business skills in finance and accounting is a must to run a company
- Accounting and finance
- Financial statements
- Analytical tools for financial performance: Selecting and implementing financial KPIs
- Investment and projects appraisals
- Costing and pricing methods
- Financial planning
- Budgets as management tool
Day 5: Financial Management and Case Study presentation
- Financial risk management and control: Market, customer credit, currency
- Regulatory requirements and compliance
- Presentation and discussing of the business case by the participants.
- Conclusion and recommendations by the Senior Associate
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.