Senior Lecturer at Cranfield School of Management
Cranfield School of Management
Before obtaining her doctorate, Jutta worked for nearly a decade for Arthur Andersen and other consultancies, advising clients such as Goldman Sachs, McKinsey, Nomura, and Aon Corporation on their strategy implementation.
Jutta Tobias, PhD, is a social psychologist with 20 years of work experience in organisational development and capacity-building in six countries on three continents.
Jutta researches and teaches personal development, mindfulness, and leadership in collaboration with executive students and in a variety of in-company programmes. She has received several Cranfield University Research and Teaching Awards, for example for her innovative work incorporating mindfulness into academic and executive education and introducing thousands of senior managers and postgraduate students to mindfulness.
Dr Tobias regularly speaks and advises on workplace mindfulness and leadership, e.g. in the UK House of Commons, Cabinet Office, and the Department of Health. She serves as an expert advisor to the “Mindful Nation UK” initiative, a think tank with bipartisan sponsorship from the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Mindfulness in the UK Parliament.
Jutta’s work has been published in a number of academic journals and is featured widely including in the Financial Times, The Sunday Times, the Huffington Post, on the BBC World Service, and in the Swiss TV documentary “The Mindful Revolution”.
Jutta also holds a psychotherapeutic counselling qualification from the University of Cambridge.
In her free time, she pushes her ability to stop talking and listen more by dancing as a Follow in all sorts of Swing styles.
Goldman Sachs, McKinsey, Nomura, Aon Corporation, U.S. Congress.
- Articles in journals
- Conference papers
Articles In Journals
- Bendoly E, Guo L, Hu Y & Tobias J (2017) Different departments, different drivers: asymmetry in antecedents and outcomes of voluntary knowledge exchange between sales and production functions, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 37 (8) 1031-1053.
- Robinson J, Sinclair, M, Tobias J & Choi E (2017) More dynamic than you think: Hidden aspects of decision-making, Administrative Sciences, 7 (3, article number 23) 1-29.
- Bakosh LS, Snow RM, Tobias JM, Houlihan JL & Barbosa-Leiker C (2015) Maximizing mindful learning: An innovative mindful awareness intervention improves elementary school students'' quarterly grades, Mindfulness, 7 (1).
- Choi E & Tobias J (2015) Mind the Gap: The link between mindfulness and performance at work needs more attention, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 8 (4).
- Melnyk S, Bititci U, Platts K, Tobias J & Andersen B (2014) Is performance measurement and management fit for the future?, Management Accounting Research, 25 (2) 173-186.
- Tobias JM, Mair J & Barbosa-Leiker C (2013) Toward a theory of transformative entrepreneuring: Poverty reduction and conflict resolution in Rwanda''s entrepreneurial coffee sector, Journal of Business Venturing, 28 (6) 728-742.
- Tobias J (2013) Sharper Decision-Making, Training Journal -Ely- (Dec) 13-17.
- Tobias J How Mindfulness impacts Organisational Performance http://www.som.cranfield.ac.uk/som/p20894/Think-Cranfield/Think-Cranfield-2013/November-2013/How-Mindfulness-impacts-Organisational-Performance, Think Cranfield, 2013 (11).
- Tobias J (2012) The links between material well-being, intergroup contact, and post-conflict reconciliation: The case of Rwanda’s coffee farmers, Business Review, 20 (1) 206-213.
- Tobias J & Boudreaux KC (2011) Entrepreneurship and Conflict Reduction in the Post-Genocide Rwandan Coffee Industry, Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, 24 (2) 217-242.
- Tobias J (2010) Creating a Different Kind of Innovator: Using health communication theory in entrepreneurship education to foster behavior change among entrepreneurship students in sub-Saharan Africa, Journal of Education for International Development, 4 (3) 1-20.
- Tobias J & Pavlov A (2015) Toward higher achievement through mindfulness: a randomized controlled trial. In: Academy of Management Annual Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia, 7 August 2015.
- Tobias J, Denyer D, Pavlov A, Reb J, Gaertner C, Vogus T & Danziger D (2014) Researching organisational mindfulness and mindful organising:Theory, method, and practice. In: 74th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, 2014, Philadelphia, 1 August 2014.
- Tobias JM, Denyer D, Pavlov A & Danziger (2014) Researching organizational mindfulness and mindful organizing: theory, method and practice. In: British Academy of Management Conference 2014 (BAM2014), Belfast, 9 September 2014.
- Hussels S, Koryak O, Reinmoeller P & Tobias J (2014) Weathering the storms: unpacking entrepreneurs'' resilience using repertory grid technique. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 2014, Philadelphia, PA. 74th, 1-5 August 2014.
- Bendoly E, Guo L, Hu Y & Tobias J (2013) Cross-functional bilateral information exchange: An analysis of Chinese manufacturers. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting 2013, Orlando, FL, 9 August 2013.
- Tobias J (2013) Mind the gap: Linking mindfulness and resilience in turbulent work environments. In: First International Conference on Mindfulness, Rome, 9 May 2013.
- Tobias J (2013) Maximizing mindful learning: An innovative mindfulness intervention improves elementary students'' academic achievement. In: First International Conference on Mindfulness, Rome, 9 May 2013.
- Tobias J (2012) The links between material well-being, intergroup contact, and post-conflict reconciliation: The case of Rwanda''s coffee farmers. In: International Business Management Research Conference , Hawaii, 31 May 2012.
- Tobias J (2012) Fostering resilience among the next generation of entrepreneurs. In: 2nd Annual Maastricht School of Management Research Conference, Maastricht, 4 September 2012.
- Hussels S, Tobias J, Reinnoeller P & Kutsch E (2011) Entrepreneurial mindfulness - An exploratory study. In: G-Forum 2011: 15th annual interdisciplinary entrepreneurship conference, St Gallen/Zurich, 2 November 2011.
- Tobias J (2011) Beliefs beneath behaviours: How behaviour change theory can help improve operational (performance) management. In: 22nd Annual Production and Operations Management (POMS) conference, Reno, Nevada, 29 April 2011.
- Tobias J (2010) Behaviour Change Theory in enterprise education: A call for action to education policy-makers. In: 4th International conference on Psychology Education, Sydney, 8 July 2010.
- Tobias J (2010) Intergroup Contact and Social Capital in Rwanda: A Field Study.. In: 90th Annual Convention of the Western Psychological Association, Cancun, 22 April 2010.
- Tobias J (2010) Entrepreneurship fostering Economic and Social Capital: Policy Reforms in Rwanda''s Coffee Sector. In: 1st Martin J. Whitman School of Management Conference on “Entrepreneurship in Africa", Syracuse, 1 April 2010.
- Tobias J (2010) The Intersection of Law, Policy, and Scholarship in the Gay Rights Debate. In: 18th Biennial Convention of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI), New Orleans, 24 June 2010.
- Tobias J (2009) Mission Impossible? A mental health impact assessment in Rwanda''s newly liberalized coffee industry. In: 9th Annual Global Health Mini-University, Washington, 9 October 2009.
- Tobias J (2009) Leadership and the development of people potential: A case study of Rwanda''s emerging specialty coffee sector. In: 1st World Congress on Positive Psychology, Philadelphia, 18 June 2009.
- Tobias J (2009) Entrepreneurship and conflict reduction in the post-genocide Rwandan coffee industry: Quantitative evidence from a field study. In: United Nations University (UNU) World Institute for Development Economics Research (WIDER) Project Workshop on Entrepreneurship and Conflict, Londonderry, 20 March 2009.
- Tobias J (2008) Emotional Perspectives on Intergroup Conflict around the Globe. In: 116th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association, Boston, 14 August 2008.
- Tobias J (2008) Psychological Factors in Entrepreneurship Training for Development: Issues, Challenges, Opportunities. In: 17th Biennial Convention of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI), Chicago, 17 June 2008.
- Tobias J, Rose J & Robinson K (2007) International Technology and Business Development: The case of an innovative Telecenter established in rural Rwanda. In: 1st International Conference on Bridging Digital Divide, New Delhi, 4 January 2007.
- Tobias J, Rose J & Robinson K (2007) International Technology and Business Development: The case of an innovative Telecenter established in rural Rwanda.. In: Bridging Digital Divide. Rajendar K Garg, Mahadeo Jaiswal (ed.), India: Macmillan, ed. 1.
Read about executive education
Professor Peter Richardson has been a faculty member of the School of Business for 37 years. He teaches both introductory and advanced strategy courses in the School of Business on the Executive MBA programs and on a number of the School’s one and three week Continuing Education programs. T...
The Positive Leader: Deep Change and Organizational Transformation
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Private Equity: Investing and Creating Value
The Wharton School
Advanced Human Resource Executive Program
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Leading Strategic Growth and Change
Columbia Business School
Strategic Human Resource Leadership
Rotman School of Management
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jan 31, 2022
Oxford Fintech Programme
Said Business School
Leading Digital Transformation
Leading People and Teams
The Manchester Leadership Development Programme
Alliance Manchester Business School
Manchester, United Kingdom
Looking for an expert?
Contact us and we'll find the best option for you.