Strategic and results-driven professional with proven experience, sound technical skills, and extensive expertise leading full scope assurance engagements. Verifiable ability to produce high quality deliverables within time-sensitive deadlines. Use sound judgement to resolve difficult and delicate accounting issues. Industry expertise in real estate development.
Client centric and team-oriented leader inspiring superior performance by creating effective and collaborative team culture. An articulate communicator and a relationship builder, with a proven record of working effectively with teams and presenting corporate information at all level.
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University – Accounting Instructor
I am a full time Faculty member of the School of Business at Kwantlen Polytechnic University. I strive to bring innovation to my classroom and make learning exciting.
- Douglas College – Contract Accounting Instructor
I am able to teach accounting courses, including Managerial Accounting, Financial Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Not-for-Profit Accounting, Accounting Theory, Advanced Financial Modeling, and Data Analytics.
- Bosa Properties – Assistant Controller Development
- EY – Manager
Reporting directly to engagement partners, responsible for managing audit engagements within time and budget, collaborate with internal and external cross functional teams, and provide exceptional client services.
EY – Assurance
Senior Accountant, Assurance Services September 2010 to October 2015 Ernst & Young LLP, Vancouver, BC
Reporting directly to manager and partner, accountable for preparing the audit strategy memo, working papers, and summary review memorandum for assurance engagements. Correspond with clients on various engagement related issues. Supervise and train junior accountants. Carried out audit procedures on Corporate Tax, acquisition and valuation working papers.
- Played a key role as the lead senior of a NASDAQ IPO including back year audits and SEC S-1 filing for multibillion dollar Asset Management client
- Ensured all projects completed on schedule by generating over 10 audit planning memos and programs per year
- Enhanced technical research skill by drafting and facilitating internal reviews of concurrence memo in topic of Consolidation, Segment Reporting and Goodwill Impairment
- Mentored 5 junior accountants through developing goal plans, tracking quarterly progress, providing feedback, and conducting annual performance reviews
- Developed a reputation for always showing initiative to learn and understand the big picture to ensure that tasks are performed effectively, reliving pressure from the managers and partner