Managing partner / Co-founder at Eurasia Competitiveness Institute (ECI)
The founder and Managing partner of Strategy Partners Group – the leading Russian strategy advisory firm, founded in1994. Strategy Partners assists leading corporations and government bodies to create sustainable value by providing innovative and objective professional advice on strategy, organization and performance improvement, corporate finance and change management. Alexander established highly experienced team of Russian and foreign professionals leveraging their expertise, excellent connections and first class reputation to exploit growth opportunities on developing Russian and CIS markets. He was a pioneer of innovation and venture capital activity in Russia.
Member of the Independent Expert Council of the Open Government of the Russian Federation.
Represents Russia in the International Federation of National Councils for the Competitiveness of Countries (GFCC), is a member of the board of directors of the Federation.
Managed projects for the development of strategies for leading Russian enterprises in various industries (FMCG, car manufacturing, industrial production and defense industry, retail, telecom, agribusiness, transport, mining and metallurgy, oil and gas).
Carried out dozens of projects to develop strategies of Russian and foreign regions, strategies of systemically important industries, integrated transformation and pre-IPO strategies. Created, organized financing and successfully launched a number of startups.
One of the leading Russian methodologists in the field of financial modeling. The author of the widely used software for financial modeling Project Expert.
Founder and President of Strategy Partners. Over 20 years of professional experience in management consulting and corporate finance.
- Member, Interdepartmental Commission for Technological Development at the Council for Economy Modernization and Innovative Development under the President of the Russian Federation.
- Member, Public Council under the Federal Agency for State Property Management.
- Member, Expert Council at the “Open Government”.
- Member, Public Council at the Military and Industrial Commission under the Government of the Russian Federation.
- Member, group of experts representing Russia in the Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils (GFCC).
- Member, General Board of the public organization “Delovaya Rossiya” (Business Russia).
- Member, Public Council under the Ministry of Regional Development of the Russian Federation.
- 1998 to 2002 – First President, Guild of Investment and Financial Analysts of Russia; representative of Russia in the European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies (EFFAS) and Certified International Investment Analyst (CIIA).
- 1989 to 1993 – General Director, Innovation Centre under the Academy of Sciences of the USSR.
- Author of the first Russian software product Project Expert in the field of business planning and corporate finance that is widely represented in the international market. Author of the monograph Strategic Planning and multiple publications in the leading business editions, such as Vedomosti, Expert, Upravlenie kompaniey (Company Management), Rynok tsennykh bumag (Securities Market), Ekonomika i zhizn (Economy and Life), etc.
- Over 200 advisory projects were implemented under the leadership of Alexander Idrisov, including the elaboration of development strategies for leading Russian and international corporations, among which is State Corporation “Rostekhnologii” (Russian Technologies) (aviation industry development strategy up to 2025, etc.); the RF space industry development strategy concept; regions’ and countries’ strategies development, including the Republic of Kazakhstan development strategy, Tomsk Region development strategy, etc. In late 2010 Alexander represented Russia in the process of its joining the Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils and also participated in the preparation of a report for Dmitriy Medvedev, President of the RF within the “Open Government” project.
- At present a number of publicly significant projects is being carried out with the direct participation of Alexander Idrisov, e.g. the regular rating of small and medium-sized enterprises “Barometer Opory” (Barometer of Support) and annual report on Russia competitiveness in partnership with WEF and Sberbank of the RF.
- Strategic planning
- Organization development
- Innovation management
- Decision making
- Project management
- Performance management
- Operation performance improvement
- Corporate finance
- Business restructuring
- Investment analysis and planning
- Government relationship
- Start-Ups and Acquisitions
Strategy and competitiveness:
- Managed the strategy development for dozens of leading Russian corporations (FMCG, Automotive)
- Manufacturing and Defense, Retail, Telecoms, Agriculture, Transportation, Mining and Metallurgy, Oil&Gaz)
- Led the strategy advisory team for several regions in Russia and CIS
- Led a group of international experts on the strategy development for Kazakhstan
- Developed and successfully launched dozens of the sales stimulation and cost reduction programs
- Developed and successfully implemented several Business restructuring program
Startups and Innovation:
- Successfully launched and funded a number of startups
- Developed the portfolio growth strategy for venture capital fund
- Led development of investment proposals for a number of corporations and support them during the capital raising process
- Developed a number of pre-IPO strategies
- One of the leading expert on financial modeling in Russia. Designed the Project expert - one of the most popular software product
- Author of seminars and Visiting speaker in Moscow School of Management "SKOLKOVO"
- Board member, Chairman of Strategic commitee in OAO "ROSGEO" - the leading Geological service provider in Russia and CIS
- Board member, Chairman of Strategic committee in BI Group - the leading developer and construction company in Kazakhstan
- Board member, Chairman of Strategic committee in ONCHP - Oil, Gaz and Chemical Engineering
- Member of Strategic commitee in ROSTEC (Jan. 2014 - Mar. 2016)
- Board member of AxxonSoft one of the leading global vendor of security information management systems
- Strategic committee member of the Helicopters Russia (Jan. 2016 - Jan. 2018)
- Led the development of number the state programs for different industries (Retail, Chemical industry, Aerospace)
- Energy, Forestry, Railway, Electronics, Tourism, etc)
- Member of "Open Government" of Russia (Independent Advisory Board)
- Board member and Representative of Russia in the Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils (GFCC) since 2015
- Former Board member of the European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies (EFFAS)
- Representative of Russia and member of the Board at Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils (incl. policymakers from over 50 countries)
- High Performance Board, Executive education; IMD Business school, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2017
- Sertificate: Leading professional service firm, 2010. Harvard Business School - Boston, USA. Executive education
- Sertificate: Banking and finance, 1993. Deutsches Institute fur Betriebswirschift - Frankfurt Main, Germany. Executive education
- Sertificate: General management, 1991. Deutsche Management Akademy Niedersachsen - Hannover, Germany. Executive education
- PhD not completed: Manufacturing automation, 1988. Bauman University - Moscow, USSR. Postgraduate
- High School Diploma: Machine building Engineering, 1983. Pavlodar Industrial Institute - Pavlodar, USSR
Read about executive education
Leading Digital Transformation
May 22, 2023
Private Equity: Investing and Creating Value
The Wharton School
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Mar 12, 2023
Advanced Human Resource Executive Program
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Mar 13, 2023
Nov 28, 2023
Leading People and Teams
Jun 13, 2023
The Manchester Leadership Development Programme
Alliance Manchester Business School
Manchester, United Kingdom
Feb 20, 2023
Leading Strategic Growth and Change
Columbia Business School
New York, New York, United States
Mar 6, 2023
Oxford Fintech Programme
Said Business School
Jan 25, 2023
The Positive Leader: Deep Change and Organizational Transformation
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Looking for an expert?
Contact us and we'll find the best option for you.