XMKT-715 Code Literacy: an Introduction to HTML and CSS
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
Marketers are expected to manage websites, multi-channel communications campaigns, and work with a variety of web-based platforms. This requires marketing professionals to be proficient in HTML and CSS, the language of the Internet. This course is designed to provide the student with a basic understanding of HTML and CSS and enable them to get the most out of content management and marketing platforms.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and proper usage of HTML elements to structure web pages
- Paraphrase basic concepts of using CSS to style web pages
- Use basic concepts of HTML to structure a web page, including formatting text, tables, divs and spans, lists, links, forms, and media
- Apply core concepts of how to use CSS to style and layout a web page, including text formatting and advanced layout
- Construct an HTML webpage with CSS styling to market a new mobile application
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to write HTML code and intrinsic APIs, and do simple styling with CSS
- The latest features of HTML and CSS, such as the ability to produce interactive animations
- Responsive design concepts and methods
- Design principles tailored to how sites interact with devices such as tablets, smartphones, cameras and GPS units
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
You’ll create a responsive, client-side web application.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT FORMAT FOR YOU
This certificate program is part of Career Accelerator, which offers a variety of flexible learning formats online and in the classroom. Learn more about our self-paced online option and accelerated classroom format.
APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
You may be eligible to apply for a UWPCE Certificate Scholarship to cover most of the costs of this program. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and the potential of the program to positively impact your career. See the scholarship page for eligibility information and application instructions.
Who should attend
Beginning web developers and designers, along with other professionals looking to add website development to their skills.