Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
This course will set the fundamentals of Health and Wellness coaching by explaining the foundation of behavior change science, exploring associated behavior change theories, practicing an evidence-based communication strategy for advancing health behavior change, Motivational Interviewing. Subject matter will incorporate scholarship from the fields of psychology and public health and class activities will include application of behavior change theories and Motivational Interviewing techniques.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the role of behavior in illness and disease prevention
- Identify factors that contribute to the acquisition of negative health behaviors
- Evaluate origins, key components, and critiques of major models of behavior change
- Compare different strategies for helping clients change their health behaviors
- Define ambivalence and how it impacts communication about health behavior change
- Practice Motivational Interviewing as a strategy for encouraging health behavior change
Petra Platzer, PhD, PCC, partners with individuals, teams and healthcare organizations to unlock new thinking and create courageous steps forward to achieve their desired healthy outcomes. Petra is a development-oriented coach, facilitator and systems thinker. As a well-published cancer research...
Jen Wood, MA, ACC, combines her skills as a Health & Wellness Coach and Nutritionist with her experience as a Leadership Coach to help women leaders discover the right combination of nutrition, lifestyle and mindset practices so they can show up in life and work as the best version of themsel...
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.