About the course
Using practical and understandable real-world examples, students will be introduced to tools and methods to effectively analyze and interpret financial Emphasis is placed on the effectiveness of modeling and visualizing data in guiding managerial decision-making. Students will study and understand the steps of data collection, probability, uncertainty, and inference. Students will also examine simple regression analysis and discuss multivariate regression. Spreadsheets will be used throughout the course.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will able to:
- Manipulate and visualize financial data
- Integrate graphical and analytic methods for financial modeling
- Apply the probability concept in measuring the risk of investing
- Search for datasets across major data centers
- Understand the basic concepts of sampling and inference
- Use variables to simple and multiple linear regression model
- Compute and interpret descriptive statistics.
- Determine confidence intervals and perform hypothesis testing, including how to interpret and communicate results.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.