XCPD-760 Using Social Media Tools Effectively
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
In this course students will explore and apply techniques for integrating social media marketing as an integral component of marketing campaigns. They will analyze how social media tools serve as listening and outreach tools for building brand or cause awareness and promoting issues. Through an investigation of tools which include internet forums, message boards, blogs, wikis, podcasts, picture and video sharing, and social networking, students will develop skills to leverage social media applications as powerful alternatives to traditional interruptive advertising. Students will have the opportunity to create and present a written plan for achieving business goals through the use of a social media marketing campaign.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify techniques to integrate social media into communication and marketing practices within an organizational structure
- Analyze the use of social media tools to accurately observe and effectively reach a target audience
- Choose a collection of tools that are suited to context and scope
- Create and present a written plan for achieving business goals
- Develop a social media toolkit that effectually addresses communication and marketing goals
Social Media Strategy
Leverage Your Organizational Goals with Social Media Marketing
Having a sound social media strategy is the first step in building any digital marketing plan.
This course provides a strategic framework for integrating your organizational goals with social media marketing. Identify the opportunities inherent in your Unique Selling Proposition. Set appropriate social media objectives and build an effective strategy and plan to achieve them. Leverage social media to connect your brand with the right audiences and influencers.
- Research potential markets using social media
- Connect with influencers and build online communities
- Set social media goals that align with larger strategic objectives
- Identify and employ the right measurement tools
- Develop effective social media marketing strategies and plans
- Promote your brand through viral and traditional marketing channels
- Creating online community: defining your demographics and target audience, understanding audience motivations and needs, building emotional connection and engagement, fostering Word of Mouth marketing
- Aligning your community with social networks: highlighting your Unique Selling Proposition, researching statistics and target markets for popular social networks
- Building a social media marketing strategy: SWOT analysis, setting and measuring social media objectives, tying social media goals back to organizational strategy, navigating multiple marketing channels and touchpoints, assessing social media analytics data
- Connecting with influencers: identifying influencers for a campaign, developing plans to engage them
- Pulling it all together: linking strategy to content, issues of content creation, curation and cultivation, getting a team on board, social media trends and emerging challenges
This workshop includes:
- A sample social media marketing plan
- Examples of successful social media marketing campaigns
- A social media framework for assessing opportunities