XCPD-760 Using Social Media Tools Effectively
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
In this course students will explore and apply techniques for integrating social media marketing as an integral component of marketing campaigns. They will analyze how social media tools serve as listening and outreach tools for building brand or cause awareness and promoting issues. Through an investigation of tools which include internet forums, message boards, blogs, wikis, podcasts, picture and video sharing, and social networking, students will develop skills to leverage social media applications as powerful alternatives to traditional interruptive advertising. Students will have the opportunity to create and present a written plan for achieving business goals through the use of a social media marketing campaign.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify techniques to integrate social media into communication and marketing practices within an organizational structure
- Analyze the use of social media tools to accurately observe and effectively reach a target audience
- Choose a collection of tools that are suited to context and scope
- Create and present a written plan for achieving business goals
- Develop a social media toolkit that effectually addresses communication and marketing goals