XCPD-697 - Administration and Leadership in Early Intervention
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
Meeting the diverse needs of children with disabilities and their families requires leaders with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to design, implement, and sustain major system reform and ensure improvements in service delivery systems. Administration and Leadership in Early Intervention focuses on the knowledge, skills and attitudes of leaders who successfully promote contemporary practices for individuals with disabilities and their families. Topics include the strategies and tools necessary to facilitate systems change, transformational leadership practices, collaborative decision-making, value clarification, the unauthorized leadership framework, and the functional characteristics of a system of care approach to service delivery.
By the end of the course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of leadership
- Articulate leadership's core values and what has influenced them
- Define the system of care approach to service delivery
- Understand strategies to overcome challenges and demonstrate leadership
XCPD-692 - Foundations of Early Intervention
Foundations of Early Intervention is a two-day, on-campus orientation course in the Certificate in Early Intervention program. During the course, participants will explore the foundations of and the science behind the field of early intervention. Evidence-based frameworks will be provided for service delivery to infants, toddlers, and young children with delays or disabilities and their families.
At the end of the course, successful students will be able to:
- Explain the science of early brain development
- Explain the relationship between the life course perspective and early intervention
- Apply the International Classification of Functioning to early intervention
- Define early intervention and early childhood as it pertains to the IDEA, Parts B & C