About the course
This course covers the basics of risk management and hedging. The objective of the course is to introduce students to the derivatives markets, which includes futures, forwards, options, swaps, and other derived instruments. Students will gain an understanding of common derivative products and valuation models. Students will also learn how financial and non-financial organizations use derivative products to manage risk. Students will construct their own simple hedge fund as an exercise in risk management.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student should able to:
- Understand the basics of the risk vs. return relationship
- Understand common derivative financial instruments
- Compute the values of forwards, futures, and swaps
- Understand common option strategies and application
- Compute the value of an option using the Binomial Option Pricing model
- Compute the value of an option using the Black-Scholes Pricing model
- Build and manage a simple hedge fund
Akilas Mavrakis has over 10 years of experience in the capital markets, investments, and regulatory compliance fields. He began his career as a Financial Analyst for the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac) . He also spent over five years working for Deutsche Bank on Wall Street i...
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.