Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
In this course participants will develop an understanding of the overall federal financial budget process. Participants will be introduced to the requirements to prepare, justify, and administer a program budget, and oversee procurement, projects, and contracts. Course topics include appropriation types, budget phases, and budget vocabulary.
This introductory course is appropriate for federal workers in a variety of roles who are interested in developing their understanding of the budget cycle and how it impacts their work.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define and explain basic budget vocabulary and concepts related to the federal budget.
- Use basic budget concepts and techniques to evaluate
- Differentiate between entitlement and discretionary spending.
- Understand the process to construct the federal budget.
- Evaluate the Federal budget to determine government priorities.