About the course
Fraudulent financial reporting has received significant press in recent years with the well publicized failures or frauds at Enron, MCI, and Adelphia. This class addresses key criminal investigative and evidence building techniques used by law enforcement officers. Criminal Investigative Techniques will teach students investigative techniques employed by law enforcement officers to build evidence in a fraud case.
Course topics will include:
- Evidence collection
- Interviewing techniques
- Public records and data analysis
At the completion of the course, a successful student will be able to:
- Explain the goals of interviewing a fact witness versus a suspect.
- Describe the five common interviewing issues.
- Outline 3 criminal investigative techniques.
- Outline 3 evidence building techniques.
- Provide guidance to conduct an interview.
- Assess the meanings of conflicting signals.
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.