Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Fraudulent financial reporting, misappropriation of assets, bribery, abuse of power, and corruption--forensic examiners need to learn the particularities of these abuses in the governmental environment.
General course topics include:
- Government procurement
- Common fraud schemes
At the completion of the course, a successful student will be able to
- Describe the four attributes that make the government environment prone to fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Define corruption, bribery, extortion, and illegal gratuities.
- Describe the six most common fraud methods in government procurement cycle.
- Explain the government procurement cycle, basic appropriation law and "parking money" risk.
- Describe the basic principles of the Anti-Deficiency Act and Bona Fide Needs Statue.
- Define Best Value: Tradeoff process vs. Lowest price technically acceptable.
- Describe the types of abuses that are committed at each stage of the government procurement cycle, including during the competitive bidding process.
- Define elements and indicators of defective pricing, product substitution, cost mischarging, progress payment fraud, and price fixing.