About the course
The first and last line of defense against fraud, internal controls should be preventative and detective. This class provides an understanding of the role of internal controls in today's corporate environment and their importance to a forensic examination.
Course topics include:
- COSO Framework
- Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Internal Control Theory
At the completion of the course, a successful student will be able to:
- Describe 5 common controls used by supermarkets, banks, and restaurants.
- Define internal controls and its 3 categories.
- Define basic internal control theory.
- Explain the role of internal controls as part of a forensic examination.
- Communicate a conceptual understanding of the COSO framework, including its 5 components.
- Explain the three major audit requirements from Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Apply a visual methodology to assess the strength of internal controls.
- List 6 financial attributes of integrity.
- Explain the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Perform an assessment of an internal control cycle.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.