About the course
This course is based on the Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013. The objective of the course is to prepare students for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification examination.
Students will conduct an in-depth review of the ten knowledge areas and five process groups in the PMBOK® Guide and practice common project management formulas. The course also reviews test-taking techniques and strategies and covers the exam format and common question types. Students will gain confidence to pass the PMP® certification examination through a thorough review of the content,study aides, and test simulations.
Students who enroll in the course should be familiar with the PMBOK® Guide and have completed the required 35 hours of project management related coursework.
At the completion of the course, a successful student will be able to:
- Understand in depth the ten knowledge areas and five process groups;
- Calculate and apply fundamental project management formulas needed for the exam;
- Understand the test format and question types found on the exam;
- Develop test-taking techniques and strategies applicable to the exam;
- Gain confidence in successfully passing the exam by completing example practice questions.
Michael Sands is president and founder of Sands Consulting Group, a firm committed to creating training and consulting solutions resulting in high performing organizations. Michael Sands speaks to organizations nationwide on project management-related topics. Michael has over 25 years of experie...
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.