About the course
The ability to communicate effectively is one of the most important attributes of successful managers. This course explores communication networks, behaviors, climate and barriers in organizations. It also examines the manager's role in and responsibilities for communication. Specific exercises focus on skill development in written and oral communication.
Topics to be covered include:
- Information flow in organizations
- Organizational structures
- Group cohesiveness
- Writing and speaking skills, such as writing memoranda and reports and presenting information orally in briefings and meeting formats.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe and analyze common communication networks and barriers in organizations.
- Discuss the manager's role in and responsibilities for organizational communications.
- Apply writing skills such as preparation of memoranda and reports.
- Present information orally in briefings and meetings.
Ms. Welsh has taught Communication in Organizations at Georgetown University for over 25 years. She taught MBAs and Executive MBAs for several years at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University and at the Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland. She has taught at the U.S. D...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.