This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This course introduces risk-return concepts, debt and equity securities, and options and futures contracts. The course uses a Portfolio Project to evaluate the array of financial instrument investment alternatives and their risk profile. Participants analyze expected return characteristics, individually and in combination within a portfolio. Different investment strategies and valuation models are used to understand basic investment principles and practices.
Upon completing this course, successful students will be able to:
- Gain a firm grasp of theoretical concepts underlying modern portfolio theory.
- Understand and apply theoretical concepts to real-world investment analysis.
- Learn about and evaluate investment alternatives, their risks, and their expected return characteristics.
- Discuss investment strategies and valuation models while applying them to sample client situations.
- Calculate various measures of investment risk and return used in portfolio analysis and construction; understand methods of evaluating investment results.