About the course
This course explains in plain language the how’s and why’s of business contract creation, execution, enforcement, and remedies in the event of a breach. Key contract clauses are translated from legalese into plain English, and basic corporate transactions are examined to ensure your contracts fully state all necessary and required terms, account for all facets of negotiations, and serve as an effective tool to protect your business while ensuring performance occurs quickly and efficiently.
A single contract can make or break a business. While it is always prudent to seek advice from sound, knowledgeable legal counsel in all contract matters, business leaders must understand the scope, procedures, and processes related to the formation and management of contracts to effectively protect their company’s financial interests. A failure to fully understand the risks related to business contracts can result in lost time and opportunities, miscommunication, and expensive litigation.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the origin and legal reasoning behind many of the contract clauses
- Identify elements required to create a legally binding contract enforceable by law
- Explain how contracts are formed
- Identify limits to enforcing contracts
- Identify issues excusing contractual performance
- Explain available remedies for contractual breaches
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.