About the course
The capstone course is designed to assist students in consolidating the knowledge and skills gleaned during the previous courses. It will consist of two parts – a case study and a simulation. During the case study, students will work in groups to conduct a gap analysis of the current cyber security stance, incorporate the needs of the CIO’s IT strategy, and develop a cybersecurity strategy for a hypothetical organization. A simulated cyber incident will interrupt the execution of the cyber strategy, forcing students to make quick decisions with limited information. Students will also gain experience in the principles of crisis management when a data breach occurs.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Design a cybersecurity strategy that both increases security and aligns with business needs
- Develop a training program
- Triage and make cybersecurity decisions under pressure with limited information
- Document an incident response
- Understand common mistakes technical personnel can make during an incident
- Manage upward, executive communication and expectations under pressure
- Manage external stakeholder demands, communication, and pressure
John Harmon is a Regional Sales Manager at Endgame where he leads sales and capture for the US Intelligence Community, DOD, and Federal Law Enforcement. He has spent the past 15 years in the US Intelligence Community as an SIGINT analyst, cyber capabilities developer, technical team lead in cyber...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.