Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This course will prepare students to address the management of security. Students will discuss management responsibilities including training and assessments, audits, and cloud services. In addition, the course will give students an in depth look at the costs and benefits, from both a business and cybersecurity perspective, of transferring operations to third parties. Key mechanisms to manage risks, such as relationship management, authentication and authorization controls, contract provisions, and industry standard certification, will be explored.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Practice effective training and assessment activities to managing security
- Understand compliance regulations and prepare for audits
- Articulate the benefits and costs of using a third party
- Identify relevant controls that can be used to manage the risks
- Design a vendor relationship program to monitor and manage the cybersecurity risks
Trust the experts
Kevin T. McDonald is Senior Information Technology Analyst and Cloud Strategist for ICF International, Inc, a global consultancy based in Washington, DC. Mr. McDonald is an imaginative IT security and project leader with over twenty-five years of industry and government experience. He specializes...