About the course
This course will prepare students to address the management of security. Students will discuss management responsibilities including training and assessments, audits, and cloud services. In addition, the course will give students an in depth look at the costs and benefits, from both a business and cybersecurity perspective, of transferring operations to third parties. Key mechanisms to manage risks, such as relationship management, authentication and authorization controls, contract provisions, and industry standard certification, will be explored.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Practice effective training and assessment activities to managing security
- Understand compliance regulations and prepare for audits
- Articulate the benefits and costs of using a third party
- Identify relevant controls that can be used to manage the risks
- Design a vendor relationship program to monitor and manage the cybersecurity risks
Phuong Nguyen is a Manager in the Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services practice of Ernst & Young LLP. Phuong assists the National Coordinator for Forensic Technology and Cyber Investigations, in working with clients to develop insider threat programs, data protection programs and respon...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.